If you are qualified and interested in this position or know someone who is qualified and interested in being considered for this position, please submit resume and/or bid form by Friday, April 7, 2017 or contact:
HR Dept. – Rachel Kobayashi – 674-5206 – email@example.com
POSITION TITLE: Sign Maker
COMPANY: GP Roadway Solutions
DEPARTMENT: Sign Shop
REPORTS TO: Peterson/Sign Shop Manager
DATE: April 3, 2017
- Produces signs which may require vinyl-cut text, custom inks, paint and screen printing on different substrates such as plexiglass, PVC, sandblast wood, banners, metals and other specialty substrates.
- Drills, cuts and assembles substrates in the fabrication of all signs.
- Assists with maintaining appropriate inventory levels of raw materials, finished signs and supplies.
- Stores raw materials, finished signs and supplies in proper locations.
- Performs quality control checks and wraps and palletizes finished signs.
- Assists with documentation on production and material usage logs using appropriate raw material and MUTCD (Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices) sign codes.
- Keeps accurate logs of print jobs and material usage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes awareness of and follows Company and general safety policies. Ensures crew members apply the standards for safe working conditions and are fit for work each day.
- Exhibits a core understanding of mutual respect and good customer service orientation in interactions with all people in the workplace. Promotes, supports and facilitates teamwork between all crews by exhibiting a positive attitude.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Manufacturing experience, preferably in a similar operation.
- Mathematical skills to calculate measurements using a measuring tape and to calculate quantities of material needed for jobs.
- Able to read and understand work orders and other work-related documents and forms.
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds regularly and 75 pounds occasionally.
- Good eyesight and ability to distinguish colors.
- Able to wear negative pressure respirator mask on occasion.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Valid Hawaii driver's license, favorable driving record, and at least 21 years of age to meet DOT requirements for drivers.