POSITION TITLE: Sign Maker
COMPANY: G P Roadway Solutions
DEPARTMENT: Sign Shop
REPORTS TO: Peterson/Sign Shop Manager
DATE: May 3, 2018
- Produces signs which may require vinyl-cut text, custom inks, paint and screen printing on different substrates such as plexiglas, PVC, sandblast wood, banners, metals and other specialty substrates.
- Drills, cuts and assembles substrates in the fabrication of all signs.
- Assists with maintaining appropriate inventory levels of raw materials, finished signs and supplies.
- Stores raw materials, finished signs and supplies in proper locations.
- Performs quality control checks and wraps and palletizes finished signs.
- Assists with documentation on production and material usage logs using appropriate raw material and MUTCD (Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices) sign codes.
- Keeps accurate logs of print jobs and material usage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes awareness of and follows Company and general safety policies. Ensures crewmembers apply the standards for safe working conditions and are fit for work each day.
- Exhibits a core understanding of mutual respect and good customer service orientation in interactions with all people in the workplace. Promotes, supports and facilitates teamwork between all crews by exhibiting a positive attitude.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Manufacturing experience, preferably in a similar operation.
- Mathematical skills to calculate measurements using a measuring tape and to calculate quantities of material needed for jobs.
- Able to read and understand work orders and other work-related documents and forms.
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds regularly and 75 pounds occasionally.
- Good eyesight and ability to distinguish colors.
- Able to wear negative pressure respirator mask on occasion.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Valid Hawaii driver’s license, favorable driving record, and at least 21 years of age to meet DOT requirements for drivers.
Note: The above reflects essential information to describe the characteristics of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed list of all job requirements, nor shall it in any way limit the right of management to assign work or direct the work force.