POSITION TITLE: Sign Shop Clerk
COMPANY: G P Roadway Solutions
DEPARTMENT: Sign Shop
REPORTS TO: Sign Shop Production Supervisor
ADDRESS: 660 Mapunapuna St., Honolulu, HI 96819
DATE: July 15th,20211
- Provides administrative support: maintains department files (paper) production files; ensures appropriate levels of office supplies are in stock; maintains accurate pricing template files; uses the computer to extract data and produce spreadsheet reports to trackman-hours, redo’s, and overtime for the production department.
- Receives all construction orders, sign requisitions and production updates; processes completed orders; inputs and maintains data in a timely manner on a daily basis; and ensures the smooth flow of the requisition through the production process
- Reviews new orders for accuracy and inputs them periodically during the day into the status spread sheet and updates the status spread sheet as appropriate to reflect the status of every order
- Provides GPRS/PSC sales staff with production/installation updates; material usage data; vendor follow-ups; and actual man-hours for all jobs as requested.
- Assist in coordination of construction jobs with the sign shop, assists production in obtaining answers to the questions that arise from sign take-offs in order to ensure timely production schedules.
- Fields phone calls from internal staff and responds to questions regarding status of pending jobs; refers production-related calls to the appropriate sign shop personnel.
- Summarizes payroll hours for the production staff and transmits appropriately coded data to Accounting for timely payroll processing.
- Updates and maintains the stock run report spreadsheet every Thursday and routes to appropriate personnel for review and submitting to accounting weekly.
- Meets periodically with Supervisor to ensure that product and vendor knowledge is updated and current, including literature and samples.
- Assists with the inventory control, including annual year-end inventory count.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes awareness of and follows Company and general safety policies.
- Exhibits a core understanding of mutual respect and good customer service orientation in interactions with all people in the workplace.
- High School Diploma, some college preferred.
- Experience in sales and/or office environment, preferably with some exposure to accounting functions.
- Proficiency with Excel; working knowledge of Word and Email; aptitude to learn in-house systems; keyboarding skills sufficient to complete daily tasks in a timely manner.
- 10 key, various office machines, general knowledge of office operations.
- Sufficient proficiency with calculator for daily tasks.
- Good mathematical skills to perform accurate calculations for payroll and daily tasks.
- Able to read and understand work orders and other work-related documents and forms.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Good organizational skills.
Note: The above reflects essential information to describe the characteristics of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed list of all job requirements, nor shall it in any way limit the right of management to assign work or direct the work force.