POSITION TITLE: Bidding/Pricing Specialist
COMPANY: GPRS – Peterson Sign Company
DEPARTMENT: Sign Shop
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager
ADDRESS: 660 Mapunapuna St., Honolulu, HI 96819
DATE: July 28,2021
- Reviews various sources of product information and seeks out appropriate projects to fulfill the Company’s market objectives and goals. Provides reports as requested.
- Reviews contract documents of prospective projects and conducts pre-bid site investigation/inspection to verify pertinent existing conditions. Performs quantitative takeoffs for project estimates, recognizes time frame of work, accounts for future escalations, and submits bid/estimate proposal in a timely manner. Follows up on bid results.
- Defines project scope of work with management, sales team and sign shop personnel. Provides sign shop personnel with pertinent information (plans, specs, submittal file, etc.) to perform work.
- Submits Requests for Information (RFI) when needed, and provides estimating support for change order requirements.
- Solicits sub contractor and material supplier quotes and reviews for selection process. Provides good faith effort as required for minority participation goals.
- Reviews sub contract agreements for alignment with quoted proposal (scope of work, quantities, and pricing).
- Processes submittals and initiates procurement.
- Retains historical data on productivity/cost, activity processes and project issues as reference and guidelines to prepare estimates.
- Provides cost estimates for all Company sales representatives for all types of signs including installation and/or removal, as needed. Signs may include, but are not limited to, regulatory and warning signs, digital banners and wraps, channel letters and light boxes, digital media display sand metal/plastic cut letters.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry products to represent the Company as a credible resource regarding new products and product options, to serve as a resource person for the sales staff and to establish competitive pricing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes awareness of and follows Company, jobsite, and other safety policies.
- Exhibits a core understanding of mutual respect and good customer service orientation in interactions with all people in the workplace.
- College degree preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in the construction or construction-related industry; 2 years of direct experience with signs and graphics preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel, working knowledge of Word and, Email; aptitude to learn in-house systems; keyboarding skills sufficient to complete daily tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent math skills to review and analyze financial data and perform calculations related to daily tasks.
- Able to read and understand financial documents, project specifications, and technical product information.
- Blueprint Reading preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and favorable traffic abstract.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for effective internal and external communications and ability to build and nurture business relationships.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Able to work independently and meet critical deadlines on a consistent basis.
Note: The above reflects essential information to describe the characteristics of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed list of all job requirements, nor shall it in any way limit the right of management to assign work or direct the work force.