POSITION TITLE: Lead Sign Installer
COMPANY: G P Roadway Solutions
DEPARTMENT: Sign Shop
REPORTS TO: Operations Foreperson
ADDRESS: 660 Mapunapuna Street, Honolulu, HI 96819-2031
DATE: Oct. 26th, 2021
- Installs signs, banners, vinyl graphics and other graphic/visual media in accordance with job specifications. Oversees the work of the sign makers or other employees/sub-contractors assigned to installation projects. Resolves installation issues in consultation with Operations Foreperson and/or Manager.
- Assists when needed with the fabrication and refurbishing of signage, which may require vinyl-cut text/graphics, custom ink, paint, screen-printing, and use of large equipment (CNC router, large format printers, metal cutting shears and other equipment) in conjunction with various substrates such as plexiglass, PVC, sandblast wood, banners, metals and other specialty substrates.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels of installation materials, tools and equipment. Performs routine maintenance on installation tools and equipment.
- Performs quality control checks on installation jobs and follows up on punch list items as required.
- Performs pre-installation site inspections and attends pre-installation meetings as required. Documents site conditions and recommends proper installation methods and material.
- Ensures accurate logs of all installation time and material usage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes awareness of and follows Company and general safety policies.
- Exhibits a core understanding of mutual respect and good customer service orientation in interactions with all people in the workplace.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting, preferable in a similar industry.
- 1 year of experience in sign installation and/or general construction.
- Knowledge of special substrates and inks used in custom signage.
- Math skills sufficient for measuring and layout work.
- Able to read and understand work orders and other work-related documents and forms.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading helpful.
- Experience as a lead person helpful.
- Basic knowledge of computer helpful.
- Valid Hawaii driver’s license and favorable traffic abstract.
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds regularly and 75 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to work flexible hours according to project needs.
Note: The above reflects essential information to describe the characteristics of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed list of all job requirements, nor shall it in any way limit the right of management to assign work or direct the work force.